Patton Wind Farm, Cambria County, PA
- Cambria County, PA
- 30 MW
- 15 turbines
- Operational 2012
- Approximately 50,000 tons of offset CO2 each year
- 2,153 acres in project area
The Patton project is located in the Elder, West Carroll and East Carroll townships of Pennsylvania, across approximately 2,100 acres of agricultural land. The project uses 15 Gamesa wind turbines, each with a nameplate rating of 2.0 MW with several components manufactured in Pennsylvania. In total, the Patton Wind Farm generates enough electricity to power approximately 7,000 homes annually. The project became operational at the end of 2012.
- Over $2 million in payments to state, local townships, and school districts over the life of the project
- Approximately $2.3 million in local goods and services for operation and maintenance over the life of the project
- Four full-time employees for operation and maintenance
- EverPower minimized stream and wetland impacts such that all wetlands were avoided and only one stream needed to be crossed. EverPower also worked with the local conservation district to reduce disturbances and impacts to farmers.